We strive to provide high quality pharmaceutical care while ensuring that our patients understand how to take care of their medical condition(s) with their prescribed medications.
The Pharmacy team at Nimiipuu Health is committed to the continual pursuit of excellence, knowledge, and personal growth so that our patients will benefit.
The Nimiipuu Health Pharmacy has the privilege of providing medication services for the patients of the Lapwai and Kamiah clinics. We strive to provide high quality pharmaceutical care while ensuring that our patients understand how to take care of their medical condition(s) with their prescribed medications.
- Glucose meter instructions for pre-diabetes & diabetes
- Anticoagulation dosing & monitoring
- Personalized medication consultations
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) through certain insurance companies
- Patient Assistance Program
Helpful Tips when Requesting Medication
- A clear medication request reduces the potential for misunderstandings in preparing your order. Please include the specific name or prescription number of each medication wanted.
- Do not leave requests for “all my medicines”.
- Call up to 7 days in advance for refills when possible, especially for controlled substances. This will allow time to contact your prescriber, if necessary, for refill authorization.
- Leave your name and phone number where you can be reached in case you need to be contacted.
Please keep your contact information (phone number & address) and insurance updated with Patient Registration. This ensures that all members of the Nimiipuu Health team can help you most effectively.
What to expect After Your Provider Visit
The Pharmacy is usually your last stop after your visit. We ask that you be patient with us as we give you and your prescriptions the necessary attention they deserve. You should expect a fifteen-minute wait for each prescription written. If there are clarifications needed from your provider, it may take longer. Why so long? For each and every prescription received a review is done to determine the safety and effectiveness of the treatment prescribed. Each prescription is reviewed for the following:
- Correct Patient
- Legality of orders
- Completeness of order
- Appropriateness of drug therapy for diagnosis and patient
- Interactions with other medications
- Dosage appropriateness
If any problems arise from this screening the pharmacy staff will consult with the provider before dispensing the medication.
Before leaving the pharmacy our goal is to provide you with the necessary information about your medication(s) so that you will know what your expected outcome should be. You should report any variation from what is expected to either the pharmacy or the medical provider.
Monday – Friday
8:0am – 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday
Department Contact Information
Prescription Refill Line
Click here for Notice of Privacy Practices